The System Integrator position requires strong business skills and is responsible for providing system-level support of information systems, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. In addition, this position is responsible for reviewing, analysing and occasionally modifying systems including developing, testing, debugging and installing to support information systems. This position requires a working knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts, and the ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The System Integrator utilizes campus-wide information systems and technology resources to enhance administrative capabilities.
Job Reference: IT/2017/002 Closing Date: 2017-12-31
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead technical expert to identify and implement solutions to complex business problems.
- Provide data and information systems support to PDC’s Information Systems.
- Research, analyse, design and provide oversight in implementing IT solutions addressing complex areas for specific business and technical domains.
- Create integration architecture deliverables working in conjunction with either a solution or business architect of the vendor (e.g., application, business, information, infrastructure, security) to address business projects, translating user requirements to solutions.
- Research, design and communicate integration solutions as part of projects and/or programs, applying software design theories, principles and practices.
- Review and approve work performed by team members and 3rd party vendors.
- Develop multiple solution alternatives based upon an understanding of the key requirements, fit with enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap, alignment to guiding architecture principles and total cost of ownership.
- Enhance and utilize enterprise and solution architecture deliverables, including Integration Reference Architecture, Integration Blueprint, and Interface Inventories to produce and communicate IT architecture solutions.
- Assist in the development of non-functional requirements specific to integration in support of projects and/or programs.
- Support and provide input for roadmaps and blueprints for architecture function or for individual areas of technology focus.
- Mentor and instruct others on architecture standards, best practices and the engagement model.
- Research, understand, and stay current with relevant business and technology trends.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure successful delivery of solutions to the customer.
- Liaising extensively with external or internal clients;
- Analysing PDC's existing systems and business models with Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems;
- Translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs;
- Identifying options for potential integration solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability in consultation with the internal technical team and vendor support team;
- Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for integrating systems;
- Producing project feasibility and costings reports; presenting proposals to clients;
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
- Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met;
- Drawing up, supervising and documenting testing schedules for complete systems;
- Overseeing implementation of an integrated system including data migration;
- Supporting users on change control and system updates;
- Providing training and user manuals to users of a new system;
- Performs ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; troubleshooting identifies problems and develops appropriate solutions.
- Provide Databases administration in live and test environments, verify database and data integrity.
- Modify and maintenance of the PDC Intranet Portal and web site (CMS), consisting of:
- In co-ordination with other members of staff, continuously monitoring the development of the site and pushing its integration into all company activities.
- Redesigning the websites / portal if needed.
- Maintaining the quality and relevance of information, including updating the site as required, in consultation with the Director.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, key integration capability areas, including ETL, messaging, transformation, services, etc
- Hands-on exposure to integration technologies such as iPaaS, JMS, XML, Web Services or similar.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including ERP, Cloud (SaaS), Reporting & Analytics and integration.
- Solid experience with Financial Management Systems, Procurement & Asset Management Systems.
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices.
- Ability to stay up to date with technology trends, best practices, strategies and product roadmaps.
- Ability to provide subject matter expertise, counsel, and effectively influence others at various levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of various business systems in the marketplace as it relates to the industry and/or domain and able to demonstrate and apply operational standards, best practices and align it with organizational strategic objectives.
- Knowledge of business architecture to evaluate options and/or implement solutions to support decisions to the process.
- TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY: Advanced system/software architecture design skills, ASP.NET (C# and VB.net), Web Services and integration technologies (Mule soft, SSIS.IBM Message Broker, Message Queuing or other equivalents industry standards).
- Preferable High knowledge of the following products:
MS AD – MS Group policy – Databases (SQL, Oracle and Jade) – Preferable: VMware – Backup Software.
- Wide Knowledge on Business software analytic, design, Develop and implement.
- Translating business requirements into system requirements.
- Documenting functional and non-functional requirements and experience in using Visio.
- Knowledge on Writing Technical RFPs and technical evaluation of the tenders.
- Conducting Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- Knowledge on Troubleshooting, Tuning, and maintaining business applications.
- Wide Knowledge on ERP systems.
- Wide Knowledge on see port System and the business processes in Port Management.
- Exposure toIT Project Management skills
- Knowledge / exposure of workflows related to port & logistics industry.
- Working with Team and under pressure.
- The ability to learn quickly and to contribute to a team effort;
- A logical approach to problem solving;
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail;
- Business awareness; planning and negotiating skills;
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind;
- Excellent oral and written communication & presentation skills;
- Initiative and self-confidence;
System Integrator required a Bachelors or Masters Degrees. Areas of specialisation may include Computer Applications, Programming, Software Design, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MCSD) may also be acceptable.
Technical certifications with respect to the Information Systems such as JADE for TOS; Microsoft or other Technologies for ERP; Oracle Database; Information Broker or specific to the information system that PDC decides.
Minimum of 7 years of experience in IT Solution Delivery and Architecture of working in large enterprise with Enterprise Information Systems. Sea Port experience will be preferable.