To act as the day to day focal point of contact for the port related clients (marine), and ensuring the strategy is fully implemented and clients are well serviced. The Port Sales Officer should also actively look for new opportunities attracting additional business and product flows to and from the Port. He is also responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining a long term relationship with accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within them.
Job Reference: PDC/COMM/2017/001 Closing Date: 2017-08-20
1. Assist the Commercial Manager to develop a detailed marketing strategy for attracting cargo flows in and out of the Port that maximizes the Company’s income in the short and long term;
2. Establish and maintain relationships and attend regular meetings with current and future clients, including but not limited to shipping agents, shipping lines and cargo owners.
3. Understanding the needs and requirements of current and potential customers;
4. Liaise and develop relationships with all internal corporate contacts (OPS, technical, finance, HSSE) to assure that correct agreements are being made with customers and a proper service is offered by the Company accordingly.
5. Inform the Commercial Manager on all activities, by creating meeting reports, presentations, proposals and plans and providing regular updates;
6. Assist with the preparation of contractual agreements and ensure that these are fully adhered to.
7. Keep track of all Port related commercial activities. Collect data and create databases for further analysis and follow up;
8. Assist in the organization of promotional events;
9. Make sure that invoices are being sent out according agreements made;
10. Liaise with finance department and follow up on all payables and receivables;
11. Coordinate between the various departments to ensure smooth operations for each contract prior and during the operation.
12. Maintain an update files for every client and operation.
13. Perform regular travels within Oman and abroad;
14. Perform out of normal working hours on occasional basis when required;
15. Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees;
16. Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices and rectify job site hazards immediately;
17. To undertake any reasonable duties at the request of the Commercial Manager;
· Minimum a holder of a Bachelor degree in Marketing or Commercial with more than 10 years of experience in a similar post/related field.
· Having the below Competencies:
1. Excellent communication skills in English;
2. Excellent Presentation skills;
3. Excellent self-presenting;
4. Excellent Problem Solving & analyzing Skills;
5. The ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets;
6. Computer literacy;
7. Organization and planning;
13. High Stress tolerance;
14. Collaboration with other team members;