To be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries and administer HR-related documentation, such as offer letters, contracts of employment, leavers' and pensions information. Moreover, Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with relevant legislation as well as assisting in the recruitment process - ie. Liaise with recruitment agencies, set up interviews and issue relevant correspondence. The HR Generalist is also responsible for maintaining the policies and contributes in developing them.
Job Reference: PDC/HR/2017/001 Closing Date: 2017-08-05
· Participate in the entire recruiting process for local hires including sourcing, interviewing candidates, coordinating assessments, reference checks, making job offers, preparation of contracts, coordinating medical checks, system and metrics updates and joining formalities of new employees.
· Support in conducting HR orientation for new employees. Liaises with authorities for obtaining timely security clearances prior to new employees joining Company, maintains records of all clearances obtained. Responsible for the internal job posting process from receiving responses to interviewing, acceptance and follow up.
· Monitors, maintains status and follows up with relevant line managers for timely and smooth completion of end-of-probation evaluations for new employees and existing employees in new roles.
· Laise the preparation and distribution of approved end of probation letters or extension of probation letters as required. Monitors all extension of probations.
· Maintain with confidentiality the Salary structure of all departments.
· Prepare monitors Employee final Dues Settlement.
· Verify the accuracy of the salary registry prior to HR Manager approval.
· Support in Maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
· Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
· Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Whenever required to take over responsibilities in the absence or during leave period of colleagues.
· Report to PASI and Insurance all work incident and accident to ensure employees get their reimbursements.
· Act as a focal point between Site employees and Management and maintains a strong employer-employee relationship by doing rregularly visits workforce and dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback and support in resolving workplace conflicts.
· Administers leave for all employee categories in a timely and accurate manner, verifies leave balances and maintains employee leave files.
· Coordinates end of service processes and participate in exit interviews with the employees. Ensures all employee clearances are completed and updates employee files.
· Prepares final settlements for the exiting employee for approvals. Ensure all ex- employee are removed from PASI and MOM.
· Tracks end dates for contract employees (service contract and fixed term) on a regular basis for initiating necessary action and prepares renewed employment contracts as necessary.
· Prepare Monthly reports.
· Bachelor’s Degree in HRM or related discipline.
· 2 years of experience in a related field.
· Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office.
· Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
· Strong administration skills.
· A high level of confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal and visitor-facing skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Tact and diplomacy.
· The ability to work as part of a team
· The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
· Computer literacy.