To support the Commercial activities of Port of Duqm in analyzing the overall market, competitive environment and trends relevant to the Company in its function as Port Authority, Terminal Operator and Landlord.
Job Reference: PDC/COMM/2017/002 Closing Date: 2017-08-20
1. The Business Analyst will report directly to the Commercial Director, but will be in direct touch with all the members of the commercial department, to have a continuous feeling on what is going on in the market and what are the specific requirements.
2. The Business Analyst will support both the ‘land’ and ‘port’ sections of the commercial department
3. For the ‘Port’ section he will analyze global and regional cargo flows relevant for Port of Duqm. He will provide hands on inside and detailed information on specific markets (break bulk, STS, dry bulk, RORO, liquid bulk) which will allow the sales people to go in the market and reach out to clients in a more direct and professional way. He will do competitive analysis and provide further insight in other regional ports and terminals.
4. For the ‘land’ section he will analyze the specific markets and industries that are relevant for PDC on the short / mid / long term. For these selected markets he will provide detailed market analysis which will result in qualitative and quantitative reports that will guide the sales team and allow them with valuable tools to approach clients in a more specific and professional way. He will also do competitive analysis on other Free Zones / Special Economic zones. As such the Business analysis will develop as a ‘Free Zone specialist’ which understands the entire SWOT’s of the Duqm Special Economic Zone.
5. Analyze and follow up on relevant market indicators and inform the management on regular basis on the latest developments and what they mean for the Company.
6. He will provide general support to the commercial department and will help with the overall promotion of the port. As such he will also attend exhibitions relevant for Port of Duqm and perform presentations on Port of Duqm if and when required. This direct contact with the market will also help him to get the required insight in the various activity domains of Port of Duqm.
7. Perform regular travels within Oman and abroad;
8. Perform out of normal working hours on occasional basis when required;
9. To undertake any reasonable duties at the request of the Commercial Director;
1. University degree (economical, general business or port related area)
2. Generalist rather than a specialist
3. Minimum professional experience of 5 years in relevant areas (Shipping, Port, Industry)
4. Very good analytical and reporting skills
5. Very good presentation skills
6. Excellent English (both verbal and written)
7. Willing to travel on regular basis
8. Flexible and efficient
9. Requires excellent out-of-the-box thinking skills
10. Excellent Problem Solving & analyzing Skills;
11. The ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets;
12. Computer literacy;
13. Organization and planning;
16. Collaboration with other team members;