Objectives of the Eighth Five-Year Development Plan (2011-2015)
- Realizing a growth rate of not less than (3%) and low inflation rates.
- Observance to social area to be awarded priority in allocating government expenditure.
- Expansion in provision of new work opportunities for national workforce.
- Achieving full enrolment rates in general education, raising intake capacity of higher education and upgrading education quality.
- Coordination between fiscal and monetary policies.
- More attention to the regional and environmental dimensions.
- Increasing production rates of oil and gas and their reserves and management of deficit in power resources.
- Development of the sectors of tourism, industry, agriculture, fisheries and water resources.
- Stimulating domestic and foreign private sectors to investment and development of small and medium establishments (SME)
- Implementing the strategies of scientific research and Oman Digital Society.
- Developing and raising the efficiency of the State's administrative apparatus, upgrading the statistical work and directing media activity to serve the development process.